Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Our Rainbow



Our beautiful baby girl, Iris Skye Moeai, arrived August 29, 2014 at 10:27am.  She weighed 6 lbs 14 oz and was 19 inches long. 
The delivery of our Iris was one of the most emotional, yet healing moments of my life. Each and every contraction took so much of my energy and I remember focusing it all on Kyler and it gave me the strength I needed to make it to the next.  I could feel his arms wrapped around me, letting me know everything was going to be okay.  I could feel his love and protection over his baby sister.  When she finally arrived I felt time stop and I was filled with so much emotion and happiness.  The first thing I looked for was to make sure she was breathing.  The moment she looked up at me I just broke down crying.  It was unbelievable to have my HEALTHY baby girl finally here in my arms, safe and protected.



By no means did she fill the hole Kyler left in my heart, but she somehow filled her own space...  She is my healing baby.  Every time I look at her I see her brother. 
 I still yearn for him.  I still wonder what he would have been doing right now if he were still alive.  But I've also realized that our journey didn't end when Kyler's spirit left his body.  He's with me every single moment of every single day.  
When the world gets quiet and I block out all of the nonsense and loud noise there is this peace that I feel surround me and I know that's him.  He's made me realize that life can be so much more then the day to day routine we are so used to getting into.  People think the silliest things are such a big deal when in reality, nothing matters except for your family.  After we die it doesn't matter how popular we were on social media, it doesn't matter how much money we made or didn't make  So just stop and feel the love and peace that is all around us if you just let it in.  Life is so beautiful.  That's what my baby boy taught me. 



 I am so grateful for him.  He has made me such a better person.  It's been 18 months and to see the impact he still has to this day is unbelievable.  Iris will grow up knowing how strong her big brother was.  How he loves her so much and is so protective over her.  Your legacy lives on baby boy. 

I am so blessed to have been chosen to be these two beautiful souls mother.  My life has purpose because of them.  I am the mother of TWO.





4 comments:

  1. You are seriously the best writer.. I look up to you at how strong you were with everything that has happened.. your kids are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're amazing Megan I love you !! Kyler and iris are so lucky !! Xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan, this has touched me so deeply. Thank you for sharing your heart with us. It makes a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a wonderful example of a Mother!

    ReplyDelete